Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Be still, Be quiet, Opening Your Mouth Can Ruin Everything...


There's a lesson to be learned in this... At least for me there has been, for almost an entire year! :) 

Women love to talk by nature, but me, I love talking period. For everything. Any time of day. I'm a talker. 

So you can imagine that when God is telling me, Jenny be still, be quiet, my immediate reaction is umm no. I have something to say and plenty and I'm going to say it, no matter the cost. No matter who gets hurt. 

But lately I have learned to see the beauty in submitting to what God has been wanting to me to do. 

Be still Jenny, I got this. Remain quiet, let me do the talking. Let me handle this. You need to only seek Me and the peace only I can give, and dwell in it and allow it to keep you still and quiet. 

Could you believe it?!? Took me an entire year to learn this lesson! 

He showed me that the more I opened my mouth the more I was getting hurt, by being still, going to Him in prayer I'm allowing Him to take over everything versus me trying to always take control of everything... 

I have been so sadly guilty of opening my mouth too many times and ruining everything with the words that come out of my mouth... 

But I just love the word of God!!! There's something in His word we can all learn from and apply to every area of our lives... 

To those going through some issues right now, be still, know He is God and that He's got your back... Don't run your mouth and instead run to Him in prayer... He will make sure to handle it all, while you take pleasure in the peace only He can give. Take pleasure in the peace that keeps you quiet. 

Don't feel defeated because you're being quiet, but rejoice because in your stillness He's working out all things for your good! 

Now I just try my best to keep quiet, pray and watch God move! After all, I want Him to get all the glory, not me... 

And remember that if you're constantly talking, there's just no way you can clearly hear the voice of God! It is to our benefit to remain still and quiet at times to better hear from Him :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment